As it’s New Year’s Eve and as I’ve still got the flu that I’ve had since Christmas, I’ve not got much better to do than to sit down and get back to my blog, which seems to have been sorely neglected this year. I’ve got a few posts coming up today with my plans for next year, which tie in with my new year’s resolutions. I’m not usually good at keeping them (who is?!), but I’ll try my best!
So in no particular order, here goes:
- Get confirmed at Church. This is the most important one to me. After very much coming back to Church this year and doing the alpha course over the last few months, I’ve signed up for confirmation classes starting on the 6th January, for confirmation on Palm Sunday, 20th March. I can’t wait to make a public declaration of my belief in Jesus Christ.
- Read more books (as usual). I have a lot to read, so I’m going to plan a bit more in advance this year.
- Get back on my diet. It will be much easier this year as Cameron is joining me from the off. We lost 2-3 stone each over the summer, but my redundancy knocked us off course. This year, we’re coming back stronger and more committed.
- Tied in to that, cook more often. It’s easy when you’ve had a long day to just cook a ready meal in the microwave, but I really want to eat more home-cooked food this year.
- Blog more often. I find it very cathartic to write here, so I want to do it more often.
- Finally get my new website live. I’ve been working on a new website for the last year or so, and I just need to get the finishing touches to put it live!
Have you made any resolutions for the new year? Let me know in the comments!